In this article we briefly discuss how to use the world’s most popular video sharing site for marketing and sales purposes. The main reason for using YouTube as opposed to traditional marketing is that YouTube videos can be used to provide detailed product information, which in return can be shared widely over many social networks.
Some key benefits of using YouTube for e-commerce are as follows:
– Detailed information. YouTube video can be used to provide more detailed information about a product. Many product images and text are required to provide the same extent of information.
– Sharing. YouTube videos can be shared among all the major social networks. Shared videos can drive traffic to a YouTube channel
– Embedded URLs. YouTube provides embedded URL functionality. If sharing options are not available, then the video URL can be embedded in applications or iframes on websites.
– Customer Reviews. Users and customers can comment on YouTube videos. Satisfied customers can leave positive reviews. This could encourage other users to purchase the product.
– Relationships. Responding on video comments allow for a more personal relationship to develop between shop owners and YouTube users.
YouTube allows businesses to tell personal stories about themselves or their products. Businesses should focus on user engagement and not just on receiving a large number of views.
Here are a few tips to produce Youtube videos that generate a large amount of views.
1. Create short videos
According to Socialbakers, YouTube videos that are shorter then 2 minutes obtain 50% of all views. This makes sense, as no one wants to spend a long time learning about a certain topic.
Another reason for shorter videos is that recent YouTube ranking algorithm changes favour videos that engage viewers more. This means that the YouTube algorithm will promote videos that are watched to the end more then videos that have not been watched completely. This is a reminder of the quality of engagement.
2. Create a branded channel
Businesses should consider setting up a dedicated YouTube channel. Upload the business logo and a banner to the channel in order to make it professional.
A dedicated web channel for your business looks more trustworthy and creates a more robust web presence. A dedicated web channel provides another avenue for people to find your business and products.
To facilitate navigation, segment videos according to features, tutorials, specials, advantages or other attributes that you would care to share, so that viewers can easily find your videos.
3. Content consistency
YouTube marketing requires long term commitment. Long periods of silence can cause the channel popularity to decline, thus it is recommended posting at least every two weeks. you can commit to posting regular content, and then come up with a multi-pronged strategy to engage viewers.
4. Make use of analytics to identify patterns
YouTube analytics allows business owners to breakdown traffic into demographics, location and age.
YouTube also provides an Audience Retention page. The Audience Retention page provides information on how many viewers finish watching videos. The Audience Retention page goes into details such as the point at which users stop watching a video. Business owners can use this too to determine what is effective and what is not.
Make use of YouTube annotations to keep users engaged. Annotations are the text pop-ups that occur when watching YouTube videos. When used properly, annotations can boost subscriptions and views.
6. Advertise with AdWords
YouTube videos can also be promoted with paid advertising. YouTube is owned by Google and thus business owners can make use of AdWords for Video.
AdWords allow business owners to advertise on three domains:
– A pre-roll ad before the videos
– A banner ad when you’re browsing the web
– A promoted video when people search for similar videos on YouTube.
That features that make YouTube e-commerce friendly are that it is has easily customisable channels, promotional search algorithms, and subscription lists.
Many businesses and brands have proven the marketability of Youtube as a low-cost solution that generates fantastic results.